- The community beds will help alleviate the delayed discharge of medically fit convalescent patients who reside in the Cranleigh area from the Royal Surrey County Hospital and elsewhere.
- No capital funding will be required from Guildford & Waverley CCG or Surrey County Council.
- Access to RSCH is not easy by public transport and parking is a regular problem for those travelling by car.
- Reduced travel difficulties will enable friends and family to visit patients more frequently, very much contributing to recovery.
- Accommodation costs in Surrey are amongst the highest in the country. The affordable healthcare worker accommodation will facilitate the appointment and retention of a wide range of healthcare workers locally.
- Rental income from the accommodation block will provide an income for CVHT. This will contribute to the maintenance of the 20 community beds and help towards other local healthcare projects.
“We welcome the potential provision of health and social care beds in the community, and the opportunity, where possible, to relieve some of the pressures from the Royal Surrey County Hospital.” Dominic Wright, Former Chief Executive of NHS Guildford & Waverley Clinical Commissioning Group
“We are pleased to be working with our partner organisations with the aim to increase the provision of health and social care beds in the community”. Liz Uliasz, Deputy Director, Surrey County Council Adult Social Care Department